Friday, February 12, 2010

Vegan, Lazy and on a Budget


Hey Friends, for those of you that don't know, being vegan isn't always cheap. When payday is a day away and you just can't spare the dollars on the fresh ingredients usually required to concoct a hot and flavorful vegan meal, you have to use what you've got. After evaluating my mostly sweet options i.e. cereal, pb and j, porridge or a spoonful of grade b maple syrup, I decided to get weird and do my best to make a salty snack size dinner. All you need is a slice (or two if you're feeling really hungry, but shhh... I won't tell anyone) of some mulitgrain wheat bread, a toaster and some vegenaise.


Truth be told, I'm addicted to vegenaise. It provides eggy flavored memories from my life off the vegan train and is just too good when used as a dip for anything from carrot sticks to french fries, as a vital ingredient for mock thousand island or in this case as the star of the show on top of toast.

Simply pop that slice right in the toaster (or your oven on broiler setting for those of us not fortunate enough to own such an appliance of the modern age)...

slather the vegenaise generously and...

VOILA! A delicious dinner for the lazy at heart vegan. Plate it up and slather yourself on the couch while screaming at the idiots not qualified enough to be contestants on Wheel of Fortune (what, like you guys don't do that?)

Lucky for me, even my dog wasn't too keen on sharing my makeshift meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment